The best way to lose weight and keep it off involves maintaining a healthy diet and exercising. When one or the other is removed from the equation, dieters can experience what is known as rebound weight gain, where they gain back the weight they lost, plus some additional weight.
Eating well doesn’t have to be difficult and, depending on what you choose to eat, you can help burn calories even without the exercise component. There are a variety of different types of foods that can promote calorie burn in different ways.
The Right Fat Burning Diet Foods Are Great for Your Whole Body
Below are some of the best fat burning diet foods that you should definitely consider adding to your daily diet if you are planning on slimming down. The great thing is that there are so many of these foods to choose from, and they are all good for your overall health because they are packed with a wide range of nutrients. So, by adding these fat burning diet foods to your meal plans, you will be taking advantage of the benefits that they can provide to those who wish to lose weight, while also doing something great for your entire body.
Top Fat Burning Diet Foods
- Avocado – Avocados contain mannoheptulose. Mannoheptulose is a sugar that that inhibits the release of insulin in your body and at the same time increases the rate of calcium absorption.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are a protein which consumes more energy to break down. They are also full of Omega-3 fatty acids and help to build muscle and keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Green Tea – Green tea contains EGCG which is an antioxidant that has naturally been known to burn calories throughout the day. Green tea also contains caffeine that increases your metabolic rate.
- Salmon – Salmon also contains omega-3 along with EPA and DHA. It is also a great source of protein and has been known to inhibit fat storage.
- Chilies – Chilies are a natural thermogen that increases your core body temperature and forces your body to work harder. They also contain capsaicin which encourages calorie burn.
- Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds also contain omega-3s, but more importantly is that they assist with digestion and block fat absorption.
- Grapefruit – Grapefruits reduce the insulin levels in our bodies. The also contain a fat inhibitor called naringin.
- Berries – Berries are packed with antioxidants and help pass food through your digestive system. They have also been known to suppress cravings especially for sweets.
- Oranges – Oranges are mostly known for the vitamin C they contain but they are also useful for burning fat. They produce carnitine that breaks down fatty acids through oxidation.
- Coffee – Yes, your favorite morning beverage can help to rev up your metabolism and is one of the best fat burning diet foods. The key is to drink it black. It contains almost no calories, so all its metabolism support works in your favor. However, as soon as you add milk, sugar and other substances, you negate the benefits. Looking for something a bit different? Sprinkle on some cinnamon!
- Eggs – These superfoods have had their reputation bashed time and time again, but they always bounce back (regardless of what Humpty Dumpty might tell you). They are packed with nutrients and protein (provided you eat the yolk) and the whole thing is only about 100 calories.
- Full–Fat Greek Yogurt – That’s right, it’s not the fat free stuff that is best for your weight loss. It may be lower in calories, but it isn’t as great for supporting your body’s fat burning. Not only is this filling, but it is filled with nutrients, too. The secret is to eat the plain, unsweetened variety. As soon as sweeteners and flavorings are added to the mix, you may as well be eating ice cream. If you want to add flavor and texture, buy the plain type and sprinkle on some berries and a few nuts or seeds.
Other Foods to Consider Using When Preparing Your Meals
In addition to the fat burning diet foods that are discussed above, there are several other ingredients that you can begin incorporating into your cooking routine so that you can prepare the healthiest meals right at home while you work on shedding excess weight.
According to Medical News Today, the following foods can help you burn more fat naturally:
- Nuts, which provide plenty of good fats and protein
- Split peas, which can fill you up and keep you full with fiber, as well as give you plenty of energy with their complex carbs
- Coconut oil, which contains medium chain triglycerides that may help reduce fat in the body, thereby helping you lose more weight
The best part is that these ingredients are easy to add to a wide range of recipes, so you can start eating more and more meals that contain these fat burning foods without having to go crazy trying to find ways to incorporate them into your eating plans.
There Are Many Other Tasty Fat Burning Diet Foods to Choose!
There are dozens more fat burning diet foods that contain beneficial properties. Naturally, they’re not going to act as an Adipex diet pill alternative, but they can provide you with some meaningful metabolism support, especially when combined and used regularly. Some of the best characteristics of these foods are that they are readily available at the grocery store and they can be used in a variety of recipes. Thus, even if you are having a hard time getting to the gym to burn calories, by eating right and eating foods with fat burning properties, you can still keep yourself on pace to shed the extra weight.